FINAL CAMERA-READY SUBMISSION
All final menuscripts submitted to ISPLC 2009 should be checked or converted by the IEEE: PDFeXpress service which serves to guarantee compatibility with IEEE Xplore.
IEEE offers PDF eXpress as a free service to IEEE conference authors, allowing them to make Xplore-compatible PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs authors have made themselves for Xplore compatibility (PDF Check function).
Steps for submission:
1. Create your final manuscript, taking careful account of all reviewer comments.
2. Proofread and check layout of manuscript (It is highly recommended that you do this BEFORE going to PDF eXpress.)
3. Please go to the IEEE PDF eXpress site at www.pdf-express.org Click on the link "New Users - Click Here" and fill in your information. You will need the Conference ID which is: isplc09x
4. Upload source file(s) for Conversion; and/or PDF(s) for checking
5. Use PDF eXpress to attain Xplore-compatible PDFs. The site contains extensive instructions, resources, and helpful hints.
6. Dowload, fill, and sign the IEEE copyright form (pdf, word). Please scan and submit your signed copyright form via EDAS (www.edas.info) using your account.
7. Submit final, Xplore-compatible PDF(s) via EDAS using your account.
1. Papers must be written in English
2. The manuscript must follow IEEE two-column format with single-spaced, 10-point font in the text. Follow the instructions in PDF, Word templates.
3. The documents should be formatted for standard letter-size (8-1/2" by 11") paper or A4 format.
4. The maximum paper length is 6 printed pages (10-point font) including figures. There is a page charge for papers that exceed this length
5. Papers must be submitted in Portable Document Format (PDF) format
If you are familiar with EDAS, please klick here to start paper submission.
Atherwise, please follow the four steps: logging in or creating an account; registering the paper, adding authors and submitting the manuscript file, as decribed by EDAS
Please click here to start EDAS.
Logging in to EDAS
To use EDAS, you will need to log in first. If you already have an account, please enter your email address and password in the corresponding fields of the form on the EDAS login page.
If you do not know whether you have an account on this EDAS system, try entering your email address. EDAS will check whether your account exists or not, and respond accordingly.
If you have an account but forgot your password, please leave the password field blank; EDAS will e-mail your password to you.
If you do not have an account on the EDAS system yet, please click on the "New user" link. Fill in the form and then click on the "New User" button. Mandatory fields are marked with a red asterisk. The password for accessing the EDAS system will be sent to you via e-mail. Once you receive your password, you can return to EDAS and log in.
Registering your Paper
Registering the paper records the paper's title, abstract, topics and authors in EDAS. Before submitting a manuscript for review, the paper has to be registered. After logging in to EDAS, you will see your overall EDAS system homepage.
1. Click to the "Submit paper" tab at the top of the page.
2. Find IEEE ISPLC 2009 among the list of conferences accepting submissions. To begin the process of submitting your paper, click on the 'submit' icon for the conference. This will bring you to the conference EDAS homepage.
3. You should then see the web form for registering your paper submission. Fill in the form:
1. Enter title and abstract of the paper. Your paper title should NOT be in all upper or all lower-case.
2. Check the box "Add yourself as author" if you are indeed an author of the paper. You can add other authors later and you can change the order of authors. Note that some conferences do not allow that you add or delete authors after the submission deadline, to prevent that authors try to defeat the conflict-of-interest detection mechanisms by omitting authors.
3. Enter keywords, if configured for your conference.
4. Select the topics from the list of paper topics that best classify your paper. (Not all conferences have defined topics. Some conferences require that papers list a minimum number of topics and restrict the maximum number of topics.)
5. Once you have all the information filled in, click on the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page. This will lead to a page that acknowledges your paper's registration and allows you to add authors. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
Add authors by following the link after registering the paper or going to your EDAS home page and following the link for your paper. Note that your paper has to have at least one author before you can submit a manuscript.
Enter each author using either their EDAS identifier or their last name. Each author must be registered in EDAS; if an author is not yet registered in EDAS, you will be prompted for the information to register them and they will receive an email with their password. There are no correspondence authors, as all authors are notified by email after their paper has been reviewed.
Submitting and Uploading your Paper
After registering your paper submission, you must upload your actual paper, typically a PDF file. (Each conference decides which paper formats are acceptable.)
To upload your paper right after registering your submission, simply follow the EDAS instructions on the acknowledgement page.
Alternatively, you can upload your paper later from your EDAS homepage. From there, you can upload your paper by clicking on the icon in the line that shows your paper's listing or via ftp, as per instructions on that page.
After you return to your EDAS homepage, you will see your uploaded paper. If you click on the paper number, you will see the paper details. If you click on the paper under "Manuscript", you will see the PDF version that you uploaded.
From your EDAS homepage, you can see the status of your paper. Initially, when you are registered but yet to upload your paper, EDAS will highlight the paper with white color as pending, to show that no version of your paper PDF file has been uploaded yet. After your paper has been uploaded, the color indicating the status will change to yellow, and a confirmation e-mail will be sent to all authors.
Revising your Paper or Account
After you have submitted your paper, you can revise your submission at any time before the submission deadline. To revise your submission, go to your EDAS homepage. Just upload a new PDF version the same way you did already for the previous version. Please do not register and submit a new version as if it were a separate new paper, since this will duplicate the paper registration records.
Revising Your Personal Information (Profile)
You can also revise your own EDAS account information from your EDAS homepage. To do so, click on the tab at the top to "My profile."